[linux-dvb] Re: How to use the drivers from 2.5.x kernels?

On Út, 2002-12-10 at 12:07, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Benjamin Forgeau wrote:
[..]
> Right now the changes were never binary compatible in any way, so you
> had to determine the DVB API version at compile time.
>
> In the next API version we'll add an info ioctl to determine the version
> at runtime, too.

It would be great.

BTW, I implemented run-time checking of DVB API in dvbsak package.
It is sone by probing well-known device names and then ioctl it.
It works, but giving DVB API version by ioctl will be nicer
(and simpler) solution.

/Honza