[linux-dvb] Re: More thoughts on coldboot driver crash

Hello Ralph,

> although I can only type with my left hand right now, I had enough of
> this thread. This bug has been fixed a long time ago as part of the
> work I did for the KNC card support (this also already included SU1278
> support btw.).

Thanks for your comment, Ralph.

To make things clear: I'm not working for Convergence, I'm doing this in
my spare time for fun currenctly.

I simply want to get my saa7146 driver into the kernel, while I was
overtaken by the DVB inclusion in 2.5.x.

Taking the existing av7110 driver and putting it onto my new saa7146
driver subsystem went flawlessly for me.

Of course all bugs that were in before, are still in now -- I did not
touch the internas of the driver.

> I don't understand why it was then decided by Convergence not to transfer
> this and other improvements to the NEWSTRUCT branch BEFORE just
> dropping the old branch.

If it's like that, I really like to know that, too...

> Ralph

I'd really appreciate it if you could give some hints where the bug
exactly is: if it's in the saa7146 subsystem or some quirk related to
the inter-module handling -- if you want to in private, not on the
mailing list.

CU
Michael.