[linux-dvb] Re: OT: Streaming Media

Hi

Andy Coates wrote:
Works fine on Athlon XP1800+.
I found on my P4 2.2Ghz (celeron) that it could only transcode from
MPEG2 (this sample was 544x576 ~2.5mbit/s) to xvidavi at 9fps - nasty
for live broadcast.
As I said, programemd right, a XP1800+ can do the task easily. xvidavi
is computationally comparable to XviD contained in MP4.

It also seems that the libmpeg2 decoder that supports the extra xvid
outputs and YUV, writes to a file.
Yes, that was something I wrote and released for demonstration purpose
only. It has no practical use other than serve for inspiration. Also
that code example lacks audio handling.

How does one go about transcoding the entire video and audio into a
hinted mp4 file to then stream to (for example) the darwin streamign
media?  Mp4live wants a video for linux card, and I don't see anything
else for live streaming :-(
I wrote a video_rtp_source.cpp and a audio_rtp_source.cpp module to replace
video_v4l_source.cpp and audio_oss_source.cpp. The modules will be released
one day, but not until ready. That will take months.

Kind regards

Peter Maersk-Moller
Ogg/Vorbis support for MPEG4IP. YUV12, XviD, AVI and MP4 support
for libmpeg2. See http://www.maersk-moller.net/projects/