[linux-dvb] Re: 1.0.0-pre1 and WinTV-NOVA-T PCI signal fine(?), no picture

At 12:48 03/03/2003, you wrote:
Seems reasonable. I hacked dvbstream to keep the frontend open all the
time, and now it works fine. Just makes me wonder why I was the first
one to bet bit by this..
Well, there appears to be something up with this ever since newstruct got introduced. There are numerous of these odd occurences on the mailinglist ever since November 2002. I could trace problems with locking onto a channel and/or selecting PIDs back to the day the driver structure changed, but as I can't isolate what's wrong myself and don't want to bitch when I'm not 100% sure that it's the driver I'm staying with 0.9.4 for the moment. Maybe it's just the way most client software calls the functions in the driver that isn't "backward" compatible ?