[linux-dvb] Re: A/V sync problems with new drivers

Juri Haberland wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > I also noticed a/v sync problems once or twice but I cannot
> > reproduce it. On http://www.linuxdvb.tv/download/ there are daily
> > snapshots of the driver. Could you please try to find out the
> > *precise* date when this bug was introduced? If you could report
> > this date I will check what has been changed...
>
> Phew, this will take some time, especially as the weekend has come,
> which means that the machine is "in production".

This is not as difficult as it looks. You reported that the driver
13jan03 is ok and 13feb03 (1.0.0-pre1) isn't. Take the date in the
middle of the interval and download this driver, let's say 29jan03.
Test it. If it's ok take the middle of the interval (29jan, 13feb), if
it's not ok take the middle of  (13jan, 29jan). And so on...
This way you will have to try only 5 drivers to find the date.

Good luck,

Oliver