[linux-dvb] Re: Which distro works out of the box for DVB?

> Go to /usr/src/linux and type "make menuconfig".  You will get a kernel
> configuration menu.  Immediately select "exit" and save your (unchanged)
> kernel setup -- turns out the module build system expects to see the
> configuration file, even if it is the standard, unchanged one.

To be safe, you should try and find the configuration file for the kernel that
you're running.  I think most distros will put the config file in /boot now,
and on some you can even find it in /proc as config or config.gz.  Ask around
on the relevant distro mailing lists if you have trouble finding it.

Once you have found the config file cp it to /usr/src/linux/.config and run
'make oldconfig'.  Once you've done that, the kernel source is configured.

You may find you have to run 'make dep' after this stage, too.

Cheers,
Alex