[linux-dvb] Re: dvbtune hangs (WinTV NOVA-T PCI)

Hi Markus.

Thursday Apr 10 21:45:58 +0300 2003 Markus Peuhkuri <puhuri@netlab.hut.fi> wrote:
> I have Haupagge NOVA-T card.  For some reason dvbtune hangs when
> trying to tune card; like
>
> # dvbtune -f 658000000 -i
> tuning DVB-T to 658000000
> (hangs forever... at least for tens of minutes)
>
> I have latest Linux DVB driver release 1.0.0-pre2, kernel 2.4.20
> (debian/testing) and dvbtune 0.3 with Finland patch by Pasi Kärkkäinen
> (and other config as described in Linux DVB-T in Finland Mini-HOWTO
> v0.2).  I patched also dvbtune.c for new(?) devices created by
> makedev.napi (see diff below).
>
> Any idea what may be wrong?  I have input and evdev compiled inside to
> kernel, does this make any difference?  No other errors are reported
> by make insmod, dmesg prints out following

I would try the CVS version of dvbtune at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvbtools/

$ mkdir dvbtools
$ cd dvbtools
$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/dvbtools login
$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/dvbtools co .
$ cd dvbtune
$ make FINLAND=1

and try that version. If that doesn't work either, provide also
# strace dvbtune ... -output.

Tomi