[linux-dvb] TT DVB-T - Further problems

Holger Waechtler wrote:

Edward Wildgoose wrote:

Actually, since the patch to support the SP8870 went in well before the
start of 2003 is it not included in the latest "release" driver, ie 1.00
pre2, anyway?

Do I just need to get the microcode from the windows driver to get
everything going?

yes. Read README.alps_tdlb7 in the frontend directory for details.
Ha, so simple. I thought I looked everywhere for the documentation and it was under my nose all along. Thanks

However, I now have a partly working card, but I have a couple of major problems still

a) no sound, either from the sound jack on the back of the card, or from the /dev/dvb/adaptor0/dvr0 device (if I pipe it to mplayer via "ts2ps 0 0" then I get a picture, but no sound)

b) after changing channel more than a dozen or so times the driver appears to lock up, picture disappears from both TV output and also /dev/dvb devices.... No errors in the log, everything still "appears" to work fine, just no picture...

This also happens quite repeatedly under vdr, and doesn't appear to be dependent on visiting any special channel, eg just flick backwards and forwards on the first couple and eventually the picture disappears, but menus still pop up, vdr logs channel change events to syslog.

tzap still appears to work ok, but "cat /dev/dvb/adaptor0/dvr0" doesn't give anything....

Running "rmmod dvb-ttpci alps_tdlb7 dvb-core" brings everything back to life for a few more channel changes.

Does anyone else experience this? Any suggestions on how to debug this further?

Thanks for any help