[linux-dvb] Re: TT DVB-T - Further problems

--On den 20 april 2003 17:52 +0100 Ed Wildgoose <Ed@Wildgooses.com> wrote:

b) after changing channel more than a dozen or so times the driver
appears to lock up, picture disappears from both TV output and also
/dev/dvb devices.... No errors in the log, everything still "appears" to
work fine, just no picture...

This also happens quite repeatedly under vdr, and doesn't appear to be
dependent on visiting any special channel, eg just flick backwards and
forwards on the first couple and eventually the picture disappears, but
menus still pop up, vdr logs channel change events to syslog.

tzap still appears to work ok, but "cat /dev/dvb/adaptor0/dvr0" doesn't
give anything....
I have an identical card and have seen something similar from time
to time. When this happens the values from tzap (status, signal)
don't change no matter if I tune to another (radio) channel or what
I do. I haven't looked into this yet, maybe it is the frontend
that hangs, maybe it is something else. It starts to work again if
I reload the driver, I don't have to reload the SP8870 firmware
to get it going.
I think this only happens with the older SP8870 firmware I have,
on the other hand the older one is a little less sensitive to some
disturbances I have and which I still haven't found out how to
get rid of. (I had lots of problems before a changed power supply
and a fan connection, but I still have had occasional problems.
I have today discovered that it might be the DECT phone after
all. The set top box decoder is much closer and has no problems...)
The older firmware is 19920 bytes and has a md5 hash of
b89a4b4ef7a74b8b629c7b84e5426d2a, the never is 20108 bytes with
md5 hash 53970ec17a538945a6d8cb608a7b3899.

/ragge