[linux-dvb] Re: TT DVB-T - Further problems

Ed Wildgoose wrote:
Ed Wildgoose wrote:

Holger Waechtler wrote:

Edward Wildgoose wrote:

Actually, since the patch to support the SP8870 went in well before the
start of 2003 is it not included in the latest "release" driver, ie 1.00
pre2, anyway?

Do I just need to get the microcode from the windows driver to get
everything going?

yes. Read README.alps_tdlb7 in the frontend directory for details.

Ha, so simple. I thought I looked everywhere for the documentation and it was under my nose all along. Thanks

However, I now have a partly working card, but I have a couple of major problems still

a) no sound, either from the sound jack on the back of the card, or from the /dev/dvb/adaptor0/dvr0 device (if I pipe it to mplayer via "ts2ps 0 0" then I get a picture, but no sound)
Actually, this turned out to be because "scan" is returning the wrong audio channel and so my channels.conf was incorrect. Hadn't noticed this, but I downloaded the CVS version and this has now "fixed" the audio problem
use the audio PID of the primary audio channel, on multilingual channels they sometimes don't transmit audio on both channels all the time.

The current CVS version of scan reports the first audio PID, not the last one anymore.

Unfortunately the audio is quite badly out of sync with the picture when playing via mplayer or kvdr. I noticed some traffic about this a few weeks ago - can someone bring me up to speed on what the conclusion is with regards to this..?
Use the -framedrop option of mplayer.

Holger