[linux-dvb] Re: Pinnacle pctv sat

Mike Pieper wrote:
Am Son, 2003-04-20 um 10.13 schrieb Holger Waechtler:

I copied the cx24110 driver to the dvb-kernel tree, it's compiling fine.
From where did you copy it? I also copied the driver from the
experimental-pinnacle tree (Revision: 1.1.2.1) which is, according to
CVS, the latest version. This didn't compile.
just update your CVS tree, it's there. Can you please report if this one works for you?

But I'm rearranged the code to be compileable in dvb-kernel now. I also
had a successful receiption. So it seems to work.
I took a look on your source, but ermm, Peters code looks a bit simpler to me so I'd like to take this one if it's working fine.

I saw that you initialize some bits differently, please explain why and which register settings we should take over.

Of course I would like to get your file, because I hope that the person,
who ported that to be dvb-kernel compatible, had more knowledge about
what he's doing than I :-).
(At the end we'll take the driver that is reported to work flawlessly - and since we don't have the hardware here we have to trust you;)

please report which one is working better,

Holger