[linux-dvb] Re: TT DVB-T - Further problems

Hi,

Ed Wildgoose wrote:

>>> I remember that this happend also here, when DVB-T still was on test
>>> in Berlin. It looked like a crash of the frontends internal system
>>> controller. That's why I would like to know if this also happens with
>>> the windows driver, because then it could be a SP8870 firmware
>>> problem. I tried to change the code to get a better reset of the
>>> system controller, but didn't succeed. I think just reloading the
>>> dvb-ttpci module helped. Can you find out if that's the same on your
>>> machine? Or do you have to reload all modules?
>>
>> I haven't yet tried these yet.  I will give it a try as you say.  I
>> assume that narrowing it down to dvb-ttpci is a start?
>>
>> I will try the windows driver as well and try to reproduce.  It will
>> be tomorrow evening before I can report back now though.
>
> Just changed channel three times with tzap (using CVS with your extra
> patch) and then the driver stopped producing output.  The tuner appeared
> to tune, tzap gave the usual output lines as it locked on and then
> tuned, but no output from the /dev/dvb/adaptor/dvr0 device
>
> I did rmmod dvb-ttpci and then insmod it.  Wait 10-15 secs and output
> was back again.  No other modules needed to be dropped and re-inserted.

I'm also using such a DVB-T board here in Berlin/ Germany, and can
confirm your problems. Reloading just dvb-ttpci resolves it.

I think I also had similar problems with Windows, but there it was in
most cases sufficient to restart the application - I don't know what the
application actually does with the hardware, though...

Cheers,
Juri