[linux-dvb] Re: Receiving high resolution weather satellite pictures from HotBird

Hi,

The format of the pictures is described in PDF files that are freely available
from www.eumetsat.de. Those pictures can be encrypted, (but not for the
moment ) and compressed.  The files are written to directories on the hard
disk. The organisation of the data stream itself is ( I think ) a format of
tq-Tellicast. I understand that there is client software available for Linux
, but it is not open source :( . After jan. 2004 the decryption is done via a
USB dongle and cost about 20 £.

Grtz

hugo