[linux-dvb] Re: Also getting the 'gotcha' with the scanprogram and general questions

That is, however, a seriously suboptimal solution, I found the
passthrough on that kind of card mucks up the quality of the SVGA signal
big time, and it's not exactly convenient to output to a seperate
television.

One of my aims for after I finish my degree this summer is to develop a
front-end application for software-decoded TV from Nova-t cards, as I've
got one and it's kind of hard to use at the moment. This would be an X11
GUI of some sort with channel selection, and would do its MPEG decoding
using libxine or gstreamer or something like that. But don't hold your
breath, it's outside my current experience so I'm going to need to learn
a bit before I can deal with the video stream properly and interface
with the drivers.

--
Matthew Walton <matthew@alledora.co.uk>