[linux-dvb] Re: DVB Feature Wishlist

Johannes Stezenbach writes:
 > Ralph Metzler wrote:
 > >
 > > The AV7200 is the successor of the AV711x.
 >
 > s/is/was supposed to be/
 >

 > > A box with AV72xx developed by Convergence was publically
 > > announced by Galaxis over 2 years ago.
 >
 > Really?

Yes, really.
Well, it was not announced that it is finished but that it would
be at some time. Just like TI with the AV7200.

 > > I don't know what became of it.
 > >
 > > Google shows that others are also working on Linux for it:
 > >
 > > http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2003-April/014857.html
 >
 > Funny. AFAIK TI stopped working on the AV7200.

Maybe those guys bought all the remaining AV7200 chips and IP ...

It is not really a surprise to me that they gave up on the AV7200.
When we met with TI in early 2000 they talked about releasing the chip
in late 2000. This was changed again and again. Last time I heard
about it it was supposed to be summer 2002.

Ralph