[linux-dvb] Re: kernel-dvb and tvtime

Hello Billy,

  Well, why don't we define it, or define a way to specify it.  If V4L2
supports an interlaced mode, but no way to indicate temporal order, then
that interlaced mode is useless in any application.  One thing we could
have is just a control that you query and it tells you the order. ?
Hmm, I don't know. I'll take this discussion to the video4linux mailing list.

  I'd much rather wait on supporting that until a later release, as my
time is short near the end of the school term, and there are too many
new features in this release as it is.
In my capture code I simply started capturing with the even field for an interlaced capture, which sounded sane to me.

Apparently, bttv starts with the odd field, so "tvtime" is stuttering now with my saa7146 driver.

So I changed the order so that the driver behaves like bttv -- now tvtime works flawlessly. 8-)

Let's see what the discussion on the video4linux mailing list brings. Perhaps someone can explain why the field order is dependent on the selected norm.

  -Billy

CU
Michael.