[linux-dvb] Re: Getting in shape for 2.6

> 2) Do the "skystar", "ttusb-dec" and "ttusb-budget" can be selected in
> the kernel make process and compiled under 2.5.x flawlessly?
>
> I'm especially interested in the usb drivers, because the usb subsystem
> has changed in 2.5.
>
> Do they work under 2.5.? I'd like to have one positive feedback for each
> of these drivers, otherwise I won't submit them. Nobody I know
> personally has any of these devices, so please give a feedback.

ttusb-dec compiles clean under 2.5.  The module seems to crash on re-detecting
the unit rebooting after the firmware has been sent down though.  It does
download the firmware though and on rebooting linux the module can be loaded
and used ok.  I'll see if I can stabilise the driver and test it out more
heavily over the weekend.

> 4) The same goes to "ttusb_dec.c":
> -----------------------schnipp----------------------------
> static int
> ttusb_dec_av_pes2ts_cb(void *priv, unsigned char *data)
> -----------------------schnipp----------------------------
> should be
> -----------------------schnipp----------------------------
> static int ttusb_dec_av_pes2ts_cb(void *priv, unsigned char *data)
> -----------------------schnipp----------------------------
> and there are lots of unnecessary blank lines in there, especially after
> opening and closing braces.
>
> Alex, can you clean this up please?

Sure, I've been confused about which way these should be.  I prefer it on the
same line, but in fact it was Lindent that split them up in the first place
:)

I'll J them again if that is the preference.  As for the blank lines, those
were a short lived habit that I've grown to dislike anyway!

> -----------------------schnipp----------------------------
> #include "dvb_usb_compat.h"
> Can this be put into "dvb_functions.h"?

Possibly.  But having them in dvb_compat.h caused all sorts of compile
horrors.  I don't believe it is trivial to find a clean solution that doesn't
break building with either 2.4 or 2.5.

I'd like to focus on 2.5 since the usb changes are quite significant, but
there are a couple of drivers in 2.5 that need fixing before I can use it
comfortably.

Cheers,
Alex