[linux-dvb] Re: Weird problem

Aurelian Pop wrote:

> I am actually testing these drivers for 15 months now on a system having 28
> cards (28DVB-S + 3DVB-T + 3DVB-C), spread in 7 computers (5x5s + 1x3t +
> 1x(3s+3c)). This testing system is installed in the Tampere University of
> Technology, and with it we are multicasting (PIM-SM) continuously lots of TV
> channels (arround 50-60) within the Intranet (Fast Eternet). The cards are all
> budget cards (NOVA type S, T and C) because I only need access to data,
> preferably whole transponders (no decoding involved)

;-)

> Anyway, to get to the point, I would like if you (especially the driver-guyz)
> could recommend me a driver version/branch (like Michael proposed the
> "dvb-kernel"), or any hints for that matter; so that at least the service to the
> students/researchers here doesn't give me head-aches whenever I upgrade the
> drivers.

dvb-kernel is where everyone should be moving to. I plan to release
linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0 final rsn, and development of the "DVB" CVS tree
will stop (CVS will possibly stay open for small bug fixes).

*BUT*, due to changes in devfs handling in Linux 2.[56], dvb-kernel
currently limits you to four DVB cards per computer. I guess this
needs to be resolved then...

Johannes