[linux-dvb] Re: Weird problem

Hello Aurelian,

I want to tell you something guyz, I hope it is not too off topic :))
[long impressive description]

Respect, that's definately a good testing range. ;-)

But seriously: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This is why I can allocate let's say one computer of those 6+1 computers, having
5 cards for tests, and hope it is enough.
IMHO that's exactly the way to go. Don't upgrade the servers unless they have failures, but keep an eye on the improvements and most recent kernels.

Anyway, to get to the point, I would like if you (especially the driver-guyz)
could recommend me a driver version/branch (like Michael proposed the
"dvb-kernel"), or any hints for that matter; so that at least the service to the
students/researchers here doesn't give me head-aches whenever I upgrade the
drivers.
As I already said: for solving the saa7146 problems, keep your 2.4 kernel, restart your system without loading the "DVB" driver, check out "dvb-kernel", compile it locally without installing, use "insmod.sh" to load all drivers. Test if your system still works.

If not, file another bug report for the mailing list. 8-)

Thanks a lot!
Aurelian
CU
Michael.