[linux-dvb] streaming DVB-t over a LAN

Greetings

I've just ordered a DVD-t card (Hauppage Nova-t) from dabs and hope to run it under Debian GNU/Linux although I'm not sure where to start - I've dowloaded the linux drivers but not sure how to watch channels in X.

Once I do get it working has anyone ever managed to stream a TV channel over a 100Mbit local LAN i.e. my home network to make digital TV available to all the machines on the network? I appreciate this would be heavy on network traffic. The other machines currently run Windows XP, would they need to run Linux to recieve the stream? It would mean I could still use my computer while dad watches the football!

Any ideas? Has it been done?

--
Ben "tola" Francis