[linux-dvb] Re: streaming DVB-t over a LAN

* Ben Francis <ben@franci5.fsnet.co.uk> [030725 16:17]:

I've just ordered a DVD-t card (Hauppage Nova-t) from dabs and hope to run it under Debian GNU/Linux although I'm not sure where to start - I've dowloaded the linux drivers but not sure how to watch channels in X.
Xawtv and/or kvdr.

Once I do get it working has anyone ever managed to stream a TV channel over a 100Mbit local LAN i.e. my home network to make digital TV available to all the machines on the network? I appreciate this would be heavy on network traffic. The other machines currently run Windows XP, would they need to run Linux to recieve the stream? It would mean I could still use my computer while dad watches the football!

Any ideas? Has it been done?
Install and use VDR (http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr), ince you get
it running, besides being amazed at how much it does, install the
streamdev plugin (http://www.magoa.net/linux/index.php?view=streamdev)
and you'll be able to watch it on any other computer and platform, be it
Linux, Windows or whatever that can play streamed MPEG2 streams, in TS,
PS or PES formats.

--
Javier Marcet <javier@marcet.info>