[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan DST VP-1020

Good news!

I've got the card tuning, and running the scan -c app
I can see lists of programs. This means that the dma stuff must
be basically working to get at least this much data!

In a previous email I reported on what the twinhan driver was
doing to decode tuning reply packets. Now, I don't think this
was correct. Looking at the packets back from the asic I see

two bytes reported frequency then patterns like:

.. .. 1d b5 00 1f 01
.. .. 1b 5a 00 20 01
.. .. 1f 6c 00 1f 01
.. .. 1c 42 00 20 01
.. .. 1c 7d 00 1f 01
.. .. 1c 0b 00 1f 01

another frequency:

.. .. 2e 0c 00 23 01

another

.. .. 29 39 00 1f 01
.. .. 2f fb 00 22 01

The first two bytes must be one number, then the last two
(reversed) another. I wonder if these are the numbers for things
like signal strength, snr or so forth. (These were for Optus C1
in Sydney, f=12438 p=H s=29473)

Anyway, I've put the code up in my usual web holding space.
http://members.optushome.com.au/jhonan/dst/

Lots more to do before this is ready, but I'm pleased.

Gee I hope someone gets more use out this than me.
All I can see at the moment is a list
of scrambled channels and TV Shopping News :).

Jamie