[linux-dvb] Re: mods to bt878.c

> Yup.  Anyone had a look at the new bttv9 snapshots and the new gpio
> interface btw?  No response so far to the announcement ...

I did Gerd, and I replied, but your ISP is blocking optus email
as they've fallen foul of the RBL. Hopefully you can read this
through the dvb list.

> > I suppose both btaudio.o and the bt8xx-dvb driver should only attach
> > to the cards they can handle for sure, this should be dependent on
> > both subvendor and device id.
>
> Problem is that many cards simply don't have a subsystem ID :-/

Yes, so a card=x,x approach is needed as well.

> These ones with Subsystem ID are pretty trivial to handle, adding
> a way to blacklist them in btaudio is just a few lines of code.

If the logic could somehow be merged with the case in dvb_bt8xx_init in
dvb-bt8xx then there wouldn't be two places.

Jamie

Gerd,

Comments on your bttv9:

I had a quick look. A using module would still have
to call bttv_gpio_write etc, but the method of determining
'ownership', or first param, would change ....

The name you've given, bttv-sub, this would have to be registered
somewhere? It's like a unique number id or such...

I looked again for 'tied registers' between function 1 and
function 0 for the connexant. There was only one : dev control, the
register handling ETBF and other trition etc. funnies. Setting
this in one register also sets in the 'other controller'.

So you were correct.

Also:

A user has a Twinhan DST clone which has a pci subsystem id not 0.

# modprobe bttv bttv_verbose=1 bttv_gpio=1 bttv_debug=1 irq_debug=1
card=0x68
i2c_hw=1

bttv: driver version 0.9.12 loaded
bttv: using 8 buffers with 2080k (520 pages) each for capture
bttv: Bt8xx card found (0).
bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 0000:00:0c.0, irq: 7, latency: 32, mmio:
0xe2011000
bttv0: subsystem: 11bd:0026 (UNKNOWN)
please mail id, board name and the correct card= insmod option to
kraxel@bytesex.org