[linux-dvb] Re: DEC2000-t, Cologne DVB test-mode, howto, guide

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:08:34 +0100 (CET)
Marcus Metzler <mocm@metzlerbros.de> wrote:

>  > After actually breaking out the ruler and the map, I
>  > can provide the more accurate distance of (4.5
>  > plus/minus 0.3) km. (If I am receiving the KölnTurm
>  > transmission)
>  >

> Thanks for the accurate information. We are about twice as
> far from the tower (\pm 2km) and we don't have a supported
> card. So we would have to hope that we have reception and
> write a driver at the same time, which is a bit
> nerve-wracking.

Signal strength for me here is about 30-40% as reported by
the DEC2000-t. I am living on the top floor of an
average-height building and am using an amplified room
antenna. So I'd be pessimistic about your reception unless
you were using a roof antenna or a good amplifier.

Good luck with the driver, though. I have been reading
through Mr. Woods' sources for the past couple hours, and
have lost all hopes of being able to contribute anything. So
I do appreciate your work all the more.

Sincerely,

--
Roland Gersch