[linux-dvb] Re: DEC2000-t, Cologne DVB test-mode, howto, guide

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:00:06 +0000
Alex Woods <linux-dvb@giblets.org> wrote:

> > Signal strength for me here is about 30-40% as reported
> > by the DEC2000-t.
>
> I presume you mean from the DEC's on-screen display.

Yes, I do.

> > Good luck with the driver, though. I have been reading
> > through Mr. Woods' sources for the past couple hours,
> > and have lost all hopes of being able to contribute
> > anything. So I do appreciate your work all the more.
>
> If the code is messy or unclear in places, please let me
> know so that I can tidy it up or add appropriate comments.

Actually, your code is not a problem readability-wise. There
is just quite a lot of it and it does unfamilar things.

The code I really did not understand was in
drivers/base/firmware_class.c
(shudder). A question: do the hotplug-scripts actually copy
the firmware file to some point in /sys? I wasn't able to
figure that out from there.

>  If you just aren't getting it
> though, you might find that it just requires a little
> perserverence.  If you're really interested in what the
> driver is doing, load the module with the option debug=1.
> This will fill your logs up with junk.

I assume by "junk" you mean "pedagogically valuable information".
In this case, that's a good idea, thank you!

Sincerely,

--
Roland Gersch
Antworten an r@roland-gersch.de.