[linux-dvb] Re: Anyone got a Nova-T USB working?

Andrew de Quincey wrote:

On Friday 09 January 2004 11:04, Holger Waechtler wrote:

Juha T. Okkonen wrote:

Holger Waechtler wrote:

Mark Thomas wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying (in vain) to get a Hauppauge Nova-T USB working on my Myth
box. I've managed to compile the Drivers successfully (I think) - and
insmod will insert the drivers into the kernel OK. I can see the USB
device attaching to the drivers in dmesg. However, at this point, I
have no dvb devices in /dev, so no DVB apps are working.

I've had similar promblems with the USB-box. So I opened it up and
found TD10046 and TI DSP-chip inside. Also driver software complains
about unknown version 2.1.

Do you mead TDA10046? ough - that's a new one, not yet supported by the
driver. In this case you would also have to load another frontend
driver, probably tda1004x.o - but I don't know whether this one supports
the tda10046 yet...

Hi, yeah, that chip isn't supported yet. I have information which would let me support it, but I have no hardware to work against.

Hello...
Unfortunately I managed to break mine. Probably by connecting power and USB -cable
in wrong order. So it can't be used for debugging.