[linux-dvb] Re: Behaviour of the list

Niklas Peinecke wrote:

> it seems that the list changes its behaviour weekly: When I first joined
> the list, "reply" sent a mail to the author of a post only and "reply
> all" to the author and the list. Then this changed to
> "reply"->list_only, "reply all"->list_only. Now we're back to
> "reply"->author, "reply all"->author & list.
>
> I don't care if it's that way or the other way around, but it's
> irritating to have this changed every few weeks without notice.

I apologize for the inconvenience. The Reply-To: header was
added by the list admins without my consent, and it pissed
me off long enough so I finally made them change it back to normal.

I recognize that a number of popular mail clients lack the
"reply to list only" functionality. If you miss it you
should send a feature request to the developers if your
mail client. You should not reply to "all", because the
traffic on linux-dvb is low enough so I can read all
messages there, I don't need to get a second copy.

Cheers,
Johannes