[linux-dvb] Re: transport errors & femon

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 12:37:25AM +0100, Holger Waechtler wrote:

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

What about the tda1004x - do you trust its counters? I'm definitely
getting packets flagged as errored from the demux device while the
uncorrected error count is always zero.
maybe you want to check the counter reset code in the driver (or is it reset automatically at each read?) to be sure...

Is it possible that the transport errors are actually caused by buffer
overflows inside the frontend? Is there a way to detect that? (Does it
even have buffers?)
There are FIFOs to smooth the MPEG clock jitter, but it's pretty unlikely that anything there is related to the error indicator bit in the TS header.

In MythTV when I'm changing channels on the Avermedia card (sp887x,
microtune frontend plus bt878 bridge), about 30-50% of the time I get
non-stop errors. If I quit from live TV and go in again (which doesn't
involve retuning the frontend), it works OK. No change in BER/UNC from
femon.
Hmm, don't understand what you mean here...

The sp887x/dvb-bt8xx combination reports a Microtune 7202 tuner but
there's no mention of that on Microtune's web site, nor in Google
really. They do have a 7072 though. Could it be a typo?
yes, right. Should be fixed now.

Holger