[linux-dvb] Re: Generating progressive video

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 21:45, Juha Pahkala wrote:
> Allow me to suggest something (hopefully not too stupid)
>
> Why not make this part of the 'softmpeg' library announced in
> direcrfb.org site a few weeks back. There is already CLE266 based
> hardware decoding being developed there in addition to software decoding
> I believe, so adding av7110 based hardware decoding there also might
> make this softmpeg library quite useful for lots of projects.
>
> just my $0.02
>
> juhis

i am not quite sure if i get your point. I just read the info about this 'softmpeg'
library. If understand the infos right, this library aims to provide on
the one hand a software layer for decoding mpeg2 and on the other hand
use the hardware mpeg decoder CL266 on VIA boards. This decoder seems to
be hardwired with the TV-out of the VIA-boards. To subsume this seems to
be another approach to get budget cards running.

My intention is to provide (hopefully) a software which put deinterlaced
video material via a digital connection (DVI) to appropriate TV or
beamers. The main difference to the softmpeg-library is the focus on
generating high quality deinterlaced progressive material. I am not sure
if the CLE266 hardware decoder is capable of providing progressive
output ?

Do you think these different aims could be reasonable combined ?

sincerely
michal