[linux-dvb] Re: Couple of frontend questions

Oliver Endriss wrote:

> In the past I did some tests and found that tuning is always faster if zig-zag
> scan is disabled. So the first thing I do after a check-out is disabling this
> cra^Wstuff. -> Never had any problems (QPSK BSRU6, Grundig 29504-451).

Normally it doesn't need to do zigzag. If it does unnecessary zigzag,
then it needs to be fixed properly (which is what Andrew tries to do).

> (b) the LNB is broken (high LNB drift)

Well, I'm not an experienced LNB guy, but IMHO what you call "broken"
is just normal behaviour. Low price -> high drift. And it also
depends on how large the temperature variations are.

Johannes