[linux-dvb] Re: Couple of frontend questions

Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> OK, what about a new user-space IOCTL for controlling the frontend tuning
> parameters on a specific frontend... say FE_SET_PARAMETERS. Currently I'd say
> it would pass a struct something like the following:

OK, but the ioctl should only be possible when the frontend device is
opened with O_RDWR/O_WRONLY (like for FE_SET_FRONTEND), and the defaults
should be restored when the file descriptor is closed (so that it's not
possible for one app to mess up things for other apps).

> The new frontend code also automatically "loses" the lock whenever a DISEQC
> command is sent... I can see that would'nt be great for finetuning a
> motorised dish controlled by DISEQC, so thats what enable_unlock_on_diseqc
> controls.

It might be a better idea to just temporarily disable zigzag after diseqc
until FE_SET_FRONTEND instead of "losing lock".

Johannes