[vdr] Re: Enhancing vdr UI usability

Hi Mike,

At 14:13 03.06.2004 -0400, you wrote:
Why should non-computer users have to think like computer programmers in
order to effectively use VDR?
I don't think that for the "normal stuff" you don't have to think like a programmer. Personally, I think using the color keys on the remote is a good idea as it saves a lot of unnecessary keystrokes. Actually I think pressing "OK" to get a menu to select something is more "computer person like" than Klaus's. That's probably also a reason why the color keys are there, don't you think?

@Klaus: Could you add the shortcuts to the info that shows up when you press OK while watching - then there would be an easy way to see what's available.

> I'm pretty sure the number of key presses you need to do the same
> things as in the current VDR will be considerably higher... ;-)

I am not entirely convinced of that.  The procedure for looking for
progamming on other channels is awkward compared to a single "guide"
click and scrolling with the arrows.
Why? Just hit the green button and then again and you see what's on all channels.

I recently used a Sat DTB and the interface for the guide was about the same (without the green key). But Klaus mentioned the calendar plug-in - it might be worth a try.

Bernd

Home | Main Index | Thread Index