[vdr] Re: Enhancing vdr UI usability

bernd_muc@gmx.de wrote:

> At 16:19 04.06.2004 +0200, Klaus wrote:
>
> >By default the green button leads directly to the Schedule menu, and pressing
> >Ok there gives you the information on the current show. So it's also just
> >two button presses.
>
> Like I wrote in my first posting on this topic: It would be helpful if the
> screen that comes up when pressing OK during a running program would show
> the presets for the color (red and green) buttons as it is shown in all the
> other screens. This way a user can see what shortcuts are available (he has
> to know about OK of course ;-) ) and the "don't hide shortcuts from the
> user" rule would be satisfied.

I will most likely be using the color buttons in the channel display to
allow switching between options (like linked channels or audio options),
so there's no way I could display the "normal viewing shortcuts" there.

> Even I didn't know that the green button is a shortcut to the program -
> after using vdr for 2 or 3 years now - about the red I knew. :-/

Well, I guess I should add a note about this in the VDR/MANUAL file.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index