[vdr] Re: If you want great vdr experience and no fuss use Suse 9.1!

Valent wrote:
I must report back mow much Suse 9.1 blew me away! In contrast to other
distros where you have to compile vdr maually (as I did with FedoraCore
2 or Mandrake) with Suse it comes compiled!

And if that is not enough Suse's installer detects your DVB card and
loads the modules automatically!
I agree that it is convenient to have the vdr and dvb packages in SuSE 9.1.
At least as a starting point.

However, on my two SuSE 9.1-based vdr machines, I ended up using my own
vdr (because SuSE 9.1 comes with vdr 1.2.6 and I like the latest, vdr 1.3.11)
and my own dvb drivers (in one machine because the SuSE init scripts activates
only one of my two cards, in the other machine I am using a self-compiled
2.6.7 kernel anyway, because it is nfsroot, which does not work with SuSEs
default kernel).

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index