[vdr] Re: If you want great vdr experience and no fuss use Suse 9.1 !

Carsten Koch wrote:
> Valent wrote:
> >I must report back mow much Suse 9.1 blew me away! In contrast to other
> >distros where you have to compile vdr maually (as I did with FedoraCore
> >2 or Mandrake) with Suse it comes compiled!
> >
> >And if that is not enough Suse's installer detects your DVB card and
> >loads the modules automatically!
>
> I agree that it is convenient to have the vdr and dvb packages in SuSE 9.1.
> At least as a starting point.
>
> However, on my two SuSE 9.1-based vdr machines, I ended up using
> my own vdr (because SuSE 9.1 comes with vdr 1.2.6 and I like the
> latest, vdr 1.3.11) and my own dvb drivers (in one machine because

Feel free to adapt the latest 1.2.6 package on the ftp server for
1.3 and send me a diff :-)

> the SuSE init scripts activates only one of my two cards, in the

The init script does not "activate" cards. It mainly loads the
frontend modules. The actual driver module is handled by hotplug
stuff. What cards do you have?

cu
Ludwig

--