[vdr] Re: Programm VDR over Web

> To me it sometimes seems like people believe MHP _is_ digital tv. This is
> complete nonsense. Digital tv is DVB - and nothing else. MHP (just like
> OpenTV and all the other stuff) is just something that people _think_ is
> necessary to provide "bells and whistles". I can live without this MHP
> stuff, and I don't think VDR will ever implement this. Apart from this, I'm
> not sure if it wouldn't require an MHP license to implement it.

Thanks for that information - mainly i just wanted to learn something about
MHP - if it has some use to us.

But how about the neccessary data? Is MHP available parallel to EPG or does
it just sit on top of it? Is the standard to be changed or can vdr live with
EPG then?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index