[vdr] Re: Programm VDR over Web

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 12:47:06PM +0200, Guido Fiala wrote:
> On Monday,  1. October 2001 22:20, you wrote:
> > Guido Fiala wrote:
> >
> > > He want's to click around in some program guide (may it be tvtv) at his
> > > office PC or some public-access web terminal from anywhere in the world
> > > and then press a button at that webpage, a user@host & password box
> > > appears, you enter the necessary information to log into your vdr-box at
> > > home (which is online via flatrate), and your VDR gets programmed.
> >
> > I wonder if anybody has even tried epg2timers as it is. ;-)
>
> You are right ;-) but i do not use tvtv for now, using master-timer is more
> interesting to me for that part (but depends on the mostly incomplete EPG)

Then you should be happy to hear that Master-Timer, from next version
on, will use a "big bucket".
A set of "helpers" take "program data" (*1) convert them to a common
format and throw the data into the the "big bucket".
Master-Timer will then use the "big bucket" to create the timers.

This way only a helper has to be written, for another data-source, and
Master-Timer can use its data without further problems.

I also plan to use a "common timer" data-file. So that master-timer can
use the "merkliste" as a source for timers too.

*1: currently epg.data (This helper can use the epg.data and "LSTE") &
    the data-files from hesdvb.sourceforge.net/programdb
    (Anyone wants to volunteer another data-source?? And/or point me to
     another one)

Bis denn