[vdr] Re: Small wishes for VDR ;-)

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 10:19:04AM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Why don't you make your LIRC definitions so that they send the button names
> VDR expects? IMO that would be the preferred method.

:-)) Because I didn't know of that possibility: I just installed lirc
for VDR, and as it worked, I didn't look further for it...
I'll done it: many thanks for the info!

> Why should we control these things via *files* in /etc/...???
> Can't you make yourself a small shell script that calls the VDR 'make'
> with your customized options?

It's what I am doing now, but I would find nicer via /etc... just a
point of view, nothing more...

> VDR is **NOT** designed for files larger that 2GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> If it works for you by patching it, ok. But the official VDR version
> limits files to 2GB, and I don't plan to change that.

OK, I can understand that too, thanks for all the answers and for
providing the so wonderfull VDR!!!

Maybe a last question: is there some point in having EPG in channels
that didn't respect to the standard (bad time...)? I know it was
discussed a lots of time, but it would really be great to have those EPG
for such channels...

	Grégoire
http://ulima.unil.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:greg@ulima.unil.ch

Home | Main Index | Thread Index