[vdr] Re: Small wishes for VDR ;-)

Gregoire Favre wrote:

> Maybe a last question: is there some point in having EPG in channels
> that didn't respect to the standard (bad time...)? I know it was
> discussed a lots of time, but it would really be great to have those EPG
> for such channels...

I'm doing some tests on how to find out whether a channel broadcasts wrong
timestamps in its EPG information. Unfortunately those channels are not
consequent enough to also broadcast the system time the wrong way (so that
it would fit to the wrong event times). If that were the case, the solution
would be easy. Currently I'm trying to check the start times of the events
marked as "running", and if such a start time is more than a certain
threshold value in the future (let's say 1000 seconds), I assume that this
channel broadcasts non standard timestamps and treat them as if they were
in "localtime". There are, however, two remaining problems: how to know
what timezone the "locatime" is related to, and there are currently several
channels that mark events as "running" which are actually _not_ running at the
current time (these are NVOD channels). I haven't found a way yet to filter
them out.

Oh well, it could be so easy if those channels would simply adhere to the
standard... I wonder what kind of idiots make such decisions...

Klaus