[vdr] Re: Small wishes for VDR ;-)

> > Maybe a last question: is there some point in having EPG in channels
> > that didn't respect to the standard (bad time...)? I know it was
> > discussed a lots of time, but it would really be great to have those EPG
> > for such channels...
>
> I'm doing some tests on how to find out whether a channel broadcasts wrong
> timestamps in its EPG information. Unfortunately those channels are not
> consequent enough to also broadcast the system time the wrong way (so that
> it would fit to the wrong event times). If that were the case, the solution
> would be easy. Currently I'm trying to check the start times of the events
> marked as "running", and if such a start time is more than a certain
> threshold value in the future (let's say 1000 seconds), I assume that this
> channel broadcasts non standard timestamps and treat them as if they were
> in "localtime". There are, however, two remaining problems: how to know
> what timezone the "locatime" is related to, and there are currently several
> channels that mark events as "running" which are actually _not_ running at the
> current time (these are NVOD channels). I haven't found a way yet to filter
> them out.
>
> Oh well, it could be so easy if those channels would simply adhere to the
> standard... I wonder what kind of idiots make such decisions...

I don't think that you should build something like that into VDR. I would
suggest to call an external-"epg-fix"-Programm. This way you only have to
program the "infrastructure" in VDR once and the Fix-Programm can be
developed/distributed seperatly. (And it can be programmed in Perl. Which is MUCH
"better" for this kind of task.)

Bis denn