[vdr] Re: problem with epg after uptime of 3 days

> To achieve the same effect, I call vdr with "-s
/path-to-script-dir/killvdr".
> killvdr is a tiny shell script that looks like this:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> fuser -k -TERM /dev/ost/* > /dev/null
> sleep 3
> fuser -k -KILL /dev/ost/* > /dev/null

Hmm nice i just dont understand the meaning of the -s option.
is documented as the command to execute on shutdown. could to please explain
the working.
i know fuser -k kills the process which accesses the file on the argument
line. but how does this help the problem?

> I also use the periodic restarts to automatically transfer my
> web EPG programming from http://tvtv.de and to adjust the system
> time during the short moments when vdr is not running.
> For that, I am using my own runvdr script that looks like this:

This scriot for tvtv would be also nice to have. maybe i could then program
a script for the tvgenial application.
www.tvgenial.com which is a really nice prog imho. it give a good overview
of the tv programms.

cu gunnar.