[vdr] Re: Cutting problems?

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 11:29:48PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > So times in marks.vdr are correct for the video stream?
>
> Actually VDR doesn't look at any PTS or whatever when cutting. It simply
> takes the I-frame at the starting point together with whatever audio
> packets might be in there. This is a very simple approach which must
> work since replaying an MPEG2 stream must be able to start at any time
> from the next available I-frame.

Nevertheless, on replaying there are _sometimes_ some distortions
visible (`Kloetzchen') and audio sometimes gives sharp noise.
Whereas if tosvcd uses marks.vdr to do a svcd image using
mpeg2enc this seems not to happen.  mpeg2enc seems reorder the
PTS and recalculates sync offset of the audio part.

        Werner