[vdr] Re: lipsynchonisation, Skew between image and audio

joerg.knitter@gmx.de(Jörg Knitter)  13.08.03 18:17

Once upon a time Jörg Knitter shaped the electrons to say...

>Rainer Zocholl wrote on wednesday, august 13th:
>> There seem to be (sometimes?) a small skew (time offset) between
>> image and audio:
>>
>> The  word is already spoken while the lips are still
>> on the way to close.
>>
>> Pause, rewind and restart does not help
>> It seems to be in the recording.

>Same here on a recording from ARD/Das Erste. I had a recording for
>testing purposes and had to make an MPEG file of it, so I used DS.JAR
>to demux it and TMPGEnc to mux it again.
>As DS.JAR always syncs the audio stream according to the timecode in
>the videostream and the muxed stream was still not 100% in lipsync, I
>think this problem is caused by the TV stations, not by the drivers or
>VDR.

So that would be observable in live stream too?
I don't think that this would be generally accepted.
Maybe they transmit an offset to align the marks?

With 1.0.4 i never saw that.
(Except when there where dropouts in the video,
but after those i could resync by a short rewind.)

Rainer