[vdr] Re: sound clicks and "block artefacts" with Nova-CI

It seems that we can limit the problem to Nova cards and 845 chipsets.
The  only usable error message is the ccError count, which is increased
when  dropouts occur and which is printed to syslog when vdr changes the
channel  (i.e.:"cTS2PES got 0 TS errors, 10 TS continuity errors"). So
This seems to be related to my thread "what causes cTS2PES errors?" that I tried to discuss on the list before. I also used a 845 chipset mainboard at the time I had the problems. Since yesterdays I didn't had any time left to test more with this issue. But yesterday I put the two Nova-S cards mentioned in the thread in an old K7 500 MHz System and started three parallel recordings without an error for three hours. Since this system is MUCH slower and the antenna configuration is the same as in may I think the problem is really a 845 chipset issue. I will get some 865 chipset mainboards in the next weeks to do some more tests. If you can verify that your old P III mainboard will work we should look deeper why the 845 chipset causes that trouble.

---
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de