[vdr] Re: Streamdev Client

Gavin Hamill wrote:

On Friday 11 February 2005 23:52, Chad Flynt wrote:

How do you use the streamdev client properly. I am not understanding
the instructions or it is just that the patch I am using isn't working
properly possibly. I am trying to run it on a laptop just for playing,
do I have to for testing have xine installed or should vdr at least run
with the client by itself just to start with,
The streamdev-client has nothing to do with output - it's purely there as an input for VDR... whatever you decide to use for output, whether a full featured DVB card, xine plugin, softdevice plugins, etc. bears no relation to the streamdev-client.

vdr: ./PLUGINS/lib/libvdr-streamdev-client.so.1.3.20: undefined symbol:
_ZN16cMenuWhatsOnItemC1EPK6cEventP8cChannel

For mismatched symbols I can only suggest 'make clean; make plugins-clean' then 'make; make plugins' ...
Cheers,
Gavin.

Thanks so much for your reply, so my next question is then, in order for VDR to actually run it needs some sort of output device like the Xine Plugin? I was just starting with making sure VDR ran with the streamdev-client, since I knew there were some issues awhile back, so that is ALL I have installed so far. But have not put Xine on yet, will do that next, if that is what you are thinking is the problem. Is it has nowhere to go so it fails to run.

Thanks again.

Chad

Home | Main Index | Thread Index