[vdr] Re: Streamdev Client

On Saturday 12 February 2005 00:24, Chad Flynt wrote:

> Thanks so much for your reply, so my next question is then, in order for
> VDR to actually run it needs some sort of output device like the Xine
> Plugin?

It needs one 'output device', yes.

> I was just starting with making sure VDR ran with the
> streamdev-client, since I knew there were some issues awhile back, so
> that is ALL I have installed so far.  But have not put Xine on yet, will
> do that next, if that is what you are thinking is the problem.  Is it
> has nowhere to go so it fails to run.

You can actually just install the streamdev-server as that's a valid output
device - of course you won't be able to get any pretty OSD aside from using
the text - console one (is this related to the 'skincurses' plugin, anyone? I
only use a real OSD with LIRC...), but it should at least satisfy VDR's
output-device requirement.. then point mplayer at
http://localhost:3000/channelnumber :)

Personally I use a full DVB card and have not touched the software decoders
for many months, so any advice I could give would likely be woefully out of
date. Does the xine plugin still need its own tarball-compiled-from-source or
can it use a normal release version?

Cheers,
Gavin.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index