[linux-dvb] Re: Echostar/Dish Network in USA w/Hauppauge Nagravision CAM

On Tuesday, October 09, 2001, 3:56:20 PM, William wrote:

WEM> This is a new development!  Its not clear if Dish Network uses
WEM> normal Nagravision or a customized version ( I fear the latter is
WEM> true ), but if this works I'd love to know!

I've heard conflicting reports, too.

WEM> It's probably going to be a blind experiment if you decide to try
WEM> but there may be a chance.  Its not clear if you are in the US or
WEM> not and finding a vendor that can/will ship to the US would also
WEM> be a challange.  If you decide to try this please report back to
WEM> the list!

I'm in the US, and I'm actually only about thirty minutes away from
Hauppauge.  I kinda figured I'd drive on over and just ask for one.
:)

Should I call Hauppauge and ask?  Are they very helpful?  Or would I
be better off just picking one up and trying it?

Thanks,
--Vito