[linux-dvb] Re: New DVB driver release 1.0.0-pre1

Emard wrote:
it's pretty easy to build cross compilers under Debian. Below a quoted mail from one of the Debian Maintainers describing how you can do this.

If you want to use the more generic approach you'll find plenty of cross-gcc-HOWTOs on the web.

Holger

Is it? I tried that toolchain, and I'm failing with building of the
libc. It downloads something 10 MB from UK server, and then errors saying
some dependency db1-arm-something.blabla cannot be fount.
you won't need a libc for an embedded ARM running a firmware - you won't have any operating system, no i/o -- nothing the glibc is relying on. You only have to build binutils and gcc-core.

So I got only binutils working, no build for libc and no for gcc
from the toolchain. I thought someone have posted somewhere complete
deb package he got after successful toolchain invocation...
contact Frank Neuber <neuber@convergence.de>, he has been building toolchains for almost every commonly used platform last time. Maybe he can help you.

Holger