[linux-dvb] Occasional pause in video stream

I have just updated my system to use the latest drivers (3rd July 2003 CVS
dvb-kernel) and have noticed that I am now getting some occasional pauses in
the video stream when watching a program from a terestial source. The update
was so that I could use one of the latest TDA10045 cards.

My previous drivers were from 2nd Feb CVS DVB which did not exhibit this
problem.

I am streaming using vls on an Athlon 1400 machine running Redhat 8.0 and
kernel 2.4.18-014 and have also tried the drivers using kernel 2.4.21, again
on Redhat 8.0
My video client is vlc on a Windows XP machine and I am streaming over a
100Mbps switched network.

The symptoms are that the stream runs smoothly for a while - say a minute or
so, then the video freezes for maybe a quarter to half a second then jumps
and continues as normal. Sound appears to be unaffected.
Vls is not reporting any errors when I get this freeze.

The problem occurs with both my old Grundig 29504-401 card and my new
TDA10045h/tdm1316L card. I have not noticed it on my NOVA-S card
(STV0299/TSA5059/SL1935)

Does anyone else see this problem?

Regards

Pete