[linux-dvb] Re: Technotrend DVB-T 1.2 recommended for UK?

Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Juri Haberland wrote:
>>
>> Actually I cannot recommend to buy this card. If you can get the other
>> version with a Grundig tuner it might be better - but I don't know.
>
> The Grundig Tuner can tune UHF channels only, better use a cheap Nova-T
> or Nebula card and a DXR3 card from ebay as MPEG decoder. Or misuse a
> fullfeatured DVB-S card for decoding, this might still be cheaper than a
> fullfeatured DVB-T card...

Yes, this is what I'm currently thinking about.

BTW: there seems to be a new full featured DVB-T card from Technotrend:
TT-DVB-T1200
(german site:)
http://www.dvb-portal.de/oscn/modules.php?name=oscn_catalog&file=product_info&products_id=360&osCsid=d184bd90479ab8d479c9d6c217a21f20

Cheers,